Monday, July 14, 2008

Misc. Nashville

If you ever just want to "get away", I would totally recommend Nashville...even if you are not into country music, but it does make it better if you do! It is just a fun town with LOTS to do. There are a million little bars, including some chain bars with NO cover charge. You don't even need to be a drinker (as you all know I am not by my last post about Jack), the music: country, blues, jazz ALL GREAT!!!


The most handsome man alive (next to you, James), George Strait...the very coat he was wearing when he got inducted into the Hall of Fame



Inside the Ryman, the picture does not do the place justice!!!



This has a name...don't ask me what...can't remember. It is the same as the one in Greece. I guess Nashville is considered the "Athens of the South". They actually went to Greece and modeled this building after the original. They said it is with 1/4 of an inch to the orginal. Very cool to see in person, the detail is amazing.



Picture of the Belle Meade Mansion. We ate at a restaurant where we met to head cook, Martha Stamps. Now, I am not a cook so this meant nothing to me, but I guess she has written several book and is very good at what she does. I have to say the food was fabulous and I had my very first fried green tomato.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

ahhhh!!! It is so great to hear from you! I can't believe it! The funny thing is that I was reading your blog a few days ago but could not find your email address... I was not sure if you would recognize my last name. When I was on Mandy's blog I saw everyone else's and I felt like I was bak at Whitehall - only a few years later! Your kids are absolutely precious.. I wanted to write you and see if I could talk to you about your experience with in-vitro/etc. Long story... but we might have to be looking into that and I was so totally inspired about your journey!
email soon! it is so great to be back in touch...
jen
jenbuck@charter.net

The Lallo Family said...

George Strait is a "Strait" up mack daddy. Jen and I saw him in concert when we were dating. She was aware of my man-crush on him and pushed our way to the front of the stage. I touched his boot, I may have giggled a little. :)

jennie said...

I have heard that Nashville is so fun from another friend before. I think it sound like a fun mini vacay for jay and I too!
You got great pics of "stuff" Even if I am a bit partial to the ones of you guys and the pretty horse!