Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

 



Before I can go on with my Chicago trip, I have to take a moment and give a shout out to the world's best mom. MINE!!!! Her birthday was Saturday and the poor girl was sick. The kids were very upset that Grandma was sick on her birthday so we went to Meijers and Alli picked out some cupcakes and Ash picked out some icecream to celebrate "Evvie day" on Sunday. Classic, my mom ended up with one cupcake...the kids the container. We ever bought her candles ( the number kind, not individual...we didn't want to set the cupcake on fire:)!) Ash put it in her mouth and broke it in half, which meant that while singing happy birthday, I am holding the top of the 5 with a flame on it. Like I said, classic camp chaos...we do things a little different than most. Our heart is always in the right spot, it just doesn't always come out the way it should.

Back to my mom, what can I say? She is a wonderful lady, mom and friend.

Warning...mom don't read this...
I remember telling people this story...prior to having kids...here is a long story short...we went to Burger King for dinner one time, we were driving home when my mom took a bite into her sandwich and a blob of mayo/ketchup came out of the bottom, I of course, point to her lap and laugh, she reaches over and squeezes my sandwich...making a huge blob fall on my lap. Now please understand, I know I so deserved it, but at the time I just could not believe she did that. Fastforward 20+ years and I would SO DO THE SAME THING...if not worse!!!! I have turned into my mother and let me be the first to say, that is a greatest compliment you could tell me. My mom lets me call her 50 times a day with the stupidest things and makes me feel like they are very important things. I love her, my kids love her, Jimmy loves her. That right there is enough for me.

I hope I have this same relationship with my daughters ( and son too). I know without a doubt, that my mom is standing in my corner. That is huge to me. The good and the bad(:)!) of me came from her. She has taught me to love with my whole heart, not to care what other people think, be true to myself, handle tough situations...knowing things will get better, to love your family, to appreciate the small things...and so many more.

To this day, one of my favorite memories of my mom if when some boy was mean to me and I was having a bad day. I came how all upset, she listened to me, never once telling me to knock it off or not to get upset because it wasn't worth it, no she told me to get in the car. We went to Plumbs, bought ice cream and about 15 toppings to go it. That...THAT is what made it better. My mom had been there, she didn't make light of the situation, she was just there for me. This time and SO MANY MORE!!!

This is the poor lady who was in the delivery room with me when I had the twins. ~She was there to take pictures, not to help me~ but I look over and there is my poor mom pushing harder than I was (keep in mind the twins were 55 minutes apart and Isaac had to have the vacuum on his head to come out...so there was A LOT of pushing!). That is just my mom!!!

Also, for the record, I get my ability to change my house 50 times a year from her. Jimmy has not found this trait to be very desirable, but I think it is great. She is my escape goat, I can't help it, it is in my genes...and they are some GREAT genes!!!!

Happy Birthday Mom...here's to you!!! Hope it was as great as you!!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

JT said...

Too sweet! Happy belated b-day Evva!!!

Kelley said...

You are such a good daughter, mom, sister and friend! What would we all do with out you!

Happy Birthday Mom...

Mya said...

I love hearing your true appreciation for your Mom. She's lucky too! And dang she looks good!
Happy Birthday!

jennie said...

Ok, any posts from Mya Pam or whatever are from me(jennie)! I am an idiot and have been posting all day as "Mya" Sorry if you thought you had a stalker!