Thursday, July 10, 2008

We Made It

Two days down, two days to go! This is us waiting for the taxi to take us to the hotel. Notice Jimmy already doing work. Gotta love it!!!
This is the original "paper" to the song Swingin' by John Anderson. Not a big deal really, but it was my favorite song when I was about 4 years old. I use to sit on the toilet singing this song...swingin' no less.
Outside the Country Music Hall of Fame. A really cool place to go if you are ever in Nashville. I have to say that Nashville really is a very nice place. LOTS to see and do and everyone is SO NICE!!!
This is me on stage at the Ryman. A very cool place with a lot of history. It was almost humbling to be on stage there. Sorry the photo is kind of blury...an 80 year old man took it! I really don't have any super cool pictures. I have learned a long time ago not to take a lot of pictures of "things". I like to have people in the photos with the "things", being that I am by myself, "things" is all I can take pictures of. Did that make sense?????
Bar after country bar where everyone singing is really good. I am telling you, Nashville really is a cool place. Everything is right there. All the record labels are on one street in these small plain buildings, the capital is right there, a hospital, BAR AFTER BAR...all right there. Yet, it is very clean and fun.

We also went to Jack Daniels. I did not bring my camera, it was raining when we left and I was told most of it was outside and I could not bare the idea of "hurting" my baby:)! There was really not a lot to take pictures of...nothing really to it, but I did meet a new friend, Goose. A BIG guy, missing some teeth, wearing overalls...but GREAT! He hooked me up with some Gentlemens Jack...smooth going down...his words not mine...I thought I was going to shoot out fire. It was burning ALL THE WAY DOWN! But, I had to drink Jack and Jack Daniels. Jimmy only drank beer...what a dweeb!!!

Today I am going on a tour of Belle Meade Mansion, having lunch, and going to do some "upscale shopping". What ever that is. I so do not fit in with these ladies! Oh well, I am in Tennessee, I might as well make the best of it!!!

Thanks again Mom for taking the kids. I know they are a bit much:)!!! I hope you learned your lesson, don't take three kids grocery shopping by yourself. Crazy fool took the Camp Chaos kids shopping...ALONE...I am not sure what she was thinking...she must have been drunk with all the love she was receiving from the kids! Don't worry Mom, I got you a bottle of that smooth Gentlemen's Jack...it will make you forget all about the week with my kids!!! Love you Mom, Dad and you crazy kids!!!!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

You are killing me!! For the record, y'all, she ain't a jokin'..."Little Charlotte, she's as pretty as an angel when they sing...I can't believe I'm out here on the front porch in the swing, just a swingin'..." I remeber you sitting on the potty singing and swinging away!!

Jimmy is a dweeb...you can't go to Nashville and pay homage to JD by drinking a beer!! Give me a break! I hope your lady shopping went well.

Kelley said...

I am so jealous. I would love to go. That is so cute that you used to sit on the potty singing..I only remember you just from the potty cause of frogs. Anyway, tell that husband of yours to man up and have a shot!

Unknown said...

I am dying over here! Laughing alone at work. Its true-you DO wear the pants in your family. Why did Jimmy have a beer? Were they out of wine coolers?(JK Jimmy ;))

I cant believe you used to sing "Swingin'" That song has been my dirty little secret for 15 years!

BTW- Your comment made my day. So love you.

jennie said...

Ooopps. That was from Jennie, Pam is my boss!