Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hangin' Out at the Fireworks


We got extra lucky this year, my parents and Jimmy's parents both went down to watch fireworks with us. Thank you guys ALL for coming. The kids, Jimmy and I all had a great time. Brady too...yes, we took "Bunches of Brady" (as Poppy TenBrink so lovingly refers to him as). This was the first time in YEARS that my parents came down. I hooked them up with chairs and a blanket...just to insure that they come back again next year! Only person (people) missing were the Stratton's. They BETTER be back next year!!!




Jimmy and Ashley playing "airplane". I think this is one of my new favorites of Ashley. This is her real smile...I love it!!!

Glenn and Evvie hanging out waiting for the fireworks. The best was when Ashley put her blanket and Eeyore's blanket on my dad. Then Alli and her teddy bear blanket were on my dad. Alli got down, Dad had three blankets...he was happy. Then Al needed her blanket back (anyone who knows Alli know that she can not live without teddy bear blankie!). There was my dad fighting with his 5 year granddaughter for a pink teddy bear blanket! It was quite the sight. In his defense, it was getting rather cold! So he covered up with Ashley's blanket. That didn't last long when Ash came back for her blanket and Eeyore's blanket. So there was my dad, no blanket, but at least Eeyore was warm!!!!



We ran into the Stark's (both Anne and Todd and Jeff and Chris). The kids wanted to watch fireworks with "KyleStarks".

Alli and Poppy TenBrink
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kate said...

I can't even begin to express all the ways in which this post hurts Jared and my feelings. Wow. Guess we know where we stand. I'm glad we picked Michigan (near his family) instead of New Jersey (near my friends and career). It was sooooo worth it.

Jodi said...

After retyping a comment 6 or 7 times, I've just decided to say that I really think Jimmy needs to fight his own battles so and your children don't get caught up in the crossfire! If I had been downtown at the fireworks, I would, with certainty, be able to defend you. Since I wasn't, I really have no business saying anything. I believe the same holds true for the rest of your family who, unfortunately, couldn't be there either. Don't be sad, sis, and don't cry. You didn't hold the key to the invite list to a very public fireworks and you did the absolute right thing by letting your children spend time with their grandpa that night. They shouldn't be penalized for all the adult stuff going on. You had their best interests in mind. I am just sorry that a post about a fun day at the pool with the Hoffmans turned into an unneccesary misunderstanding. I hope I am not hurting you more by voicing my thoughts, but it is my job, as your sister and friend, to defend you and be there for you when you need me.